Mid-length view from below of the statue called Le Denicheur d'ourson (The Bear Cub Thief) created by Emmanuel Fremiet in 1884 and cast by Thiebaut Freres, located in the Jardin des Plantes, Paris, 5th arrondissement, France. Founded in 1626 by Guy de La Brosse, Louis XIII's physician, the Jardin des Plantes, originally known as the Jardin du Roi, opened to the public in 1640. It became the Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle in 1793 during the French Revolution. Picture by Manuel Cohen

LC_JDP_10_MC568.jpg

1 of 1

Mid-length view from below of the statue called Le Denicheur d'ourson (The Bear Cub Thief) created by Emmanuel Fremiet in 1884 and cast by Thiebaut Freres, located in the Jardin des Plantes, Paris, 5th arrondissement, France. Founded in 1626 by Guy de La Brosse, Louis XIII's physician, the Jardin des Plantes, originally known as the Jardin du Roi, opened to the public in 1640. It became the Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle in 1793 during the French Revolution. Picture by Manuel Cohen

Copyright © Manuel Cohen

2.5MB
3744x5616
Keywords:
13
1626
1640
1793
17th
1884
18th
19th
5th
Age of Enlightenment
arrondissement
atrocious
attacking
bear
botanic
botanical
Botanical Gardens
botany
bronze
century
city
color
colour
culture
day
death
defending
dreadful
early morning
Emmanuel Fremiet
environment
environmental
Europe
European
exterior
fearsome
ferocious
fierce
fighting
figure
France
French
frightening
furious
garden
gardens
Guy de La Brosse
Heritage
horrifying
horticultural
horticulture
image
Jardin des Plantes
Jardin du Roi
landscape
Le Denicheur d'ourson
looking up
Louis
Louis XIII
low angle
Lumieres
mid length
monarchy
monstrous
museum
Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle
natural
naturalism
nature
nobody
outdoors
outside
pain
Paris
patina
photograph
photography
plants
research
revolution
rough
savage
sciences
scientific
sculpture
snooper
sorrow
spring
statue
sunrise
terrific
The Bear Cub Thief
Thiebaut Freres
tourist attraction
town
travel
tremendous
vertical
view from below
wild
XIII