Panoramic view of the Hotel de Magny (formerly Pavillon Cuvier) which houses the Cabinet d'Histoire (History office), was built between 1696 and 1700 by Pierre Bullet and is located in the Jardin des Plantes, Paris, 5th arrondissement, France. Founded in 1626 by Guy de La Brosse, Louis XIII's physician, the Jardin des Plantes, originally known as the Jardin du Roi, opened to the public in 1640. It became the Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle in 1793 during the French Revolution.

JDP_MCohen_MNHN_Choix11.jpg

1 of 1

Panoramic view of the Hotel de Magny (formerly Pavillon Cuvier) which houses the Cabinet d'Histoire (History office), was built between 1696 and 1700 by Pierre Bullet and is located in the Jardin des Plantes, Paris, 5th arrondissement, France. Founded in 1626 by Guy de La Brosse, Louis XIII's physician, the Jardin des Plantes, originally known as the Jardin du Roi, opened to the public in 1640. It became the Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle in 1793 during the French Revolution.

Copyright © Manuel Cohen

3.6MB
7792x3489
Keywords:
13
1626
1696
1700
1793
17th
18th
5th
Age of Enlightenment
Antoine-Laurent de Jussieu
architect
architectural
architecture
arrondissement
blue sky
botanical
Botanical Gardens
botany
building
Cabinet d'Histoire
century
city
color
colour
culture
Cuvier
day
dormer
early evening
foliage
France
French
garden
green
greenery
Guy de La Brosse
Heritage
History office
horizontal
horticultural
horticulture
Hotel de Magny
hotel de Vauvray
image
Jacques Henri Bernardin de Saint-Pierre
Jardin des Plantes
Jean Jacques Rousseau
Jean-Baptiste de Monet de Lamarck
king
landscape
Louis
Louis Jean-Marie d'Aubenton
Lumieres
mansard
Michel-Eugene Chevreul
monarchy
museum
Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle
natural
nature
neoclassical
nobody
open
outdoors
Paris
Pavillon Cuvier
photograph
photography
Pierre Bullet
plants
portico
research
revolution
roof
sciences
scientific
slate
space
stone
sunlight
Theodore Monod
tiles
tourist attraction
town
travel
window
XIII