1 of 1
Carved face of a negro on the facade of the Place de la Bourse (Stock Exchange Square) or Place Royale, built 1730-55 by architect Ange-Jacques Gabriel during the reign of King Louis XV, Bordeaux, Aquitaine, France. Bordeaux was a major slave trading port, deporting 130,000 African slaves to French territories abroad. With 508 slavery expeditions, Bordeaux was the second slave trading port in France after Nantes. The royal square forms part of the Port of the Moon and is listed as a UNESCO...
Copyright © Manuel Cohen 5.9MB