1 of 1
Big Onofrio's fountain, built 1438-40 by Onofrio della Cava, a 16-sided structure with cupola by Petar Martinov, at the end of a city aqueduct used to collect rainwater from the rooftops, on Poljana Paskoja Milicevica, in front of the Holy Saviour Church, Old Town, Dubrovnik, Croatia. The city developed as an important port in the 15th and 16th centuries and has had a multicultural history, allied to the Romans, Ostrogoths, Byzantines, Ancona, Hungary and the Ottomans. In 1979 the city was...
Copyright © Manuel Cohen 6.5MB