Mid-length view from the side of the statue of Georges-Louis Leclerc, comte de Buffon, created by Jean Carlus (1852-1930) in 1902, located in the Jardin des Plantes, Paris, 5th arrondissement, France. Founded in 1626 by Guy de La Brosse, Louis XIII's physician, the Jardin des Plantes, originally known as the Jardin du Roi, opened to the public in 1640. It became the Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle in 1793 during the French Revolution. Picture by Manuel Cohen

LC_JDP_10_MC413.jpg

1 of 1

Mid-length view from the side of the statue of Georges-Louis Leclerc, comte de Buffon, created by Jean Carlus (1852-1930) in 1902, located in the Jardin des Plantes, Paris, 5th arrondissement, France. Founded in 1626 by Guy de La Brosse, Louis XIII's physician, the Jardin des Plantes, originally known as the Jardin du Roi, opened to the public in 1640. It became the Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle in 1793 during the French Revolution. Picture by Manuel Cohen

Copyright © Manuel Cohen

2.6MB
5616x3744
Keywords:
13
1626
1640
1793
17th
18th
1902
20th
20th century
5th
Age of Enlightenment
architecture
arrondissement
bird
botanic
botanical
Botanical Gardens
botany
bronze
bush
century
city
color
color image
colour
comte de Buffon
cross-legged
culture
day
ecologic
ecological
ecology
environment
environmental
Europe
European
evening
exterior
France
French
garden
gardens
Georges-Louis Leclerc
gown
Guy de La Brosse
hand
hedge
Heritage
horizontal
horticultural
horticulture
image
Jardin des Plantes
Jardin du Roi
Jean Carlus
king
landscape
legs crossed
Louis
Louis XIII
Lumieres
medicinal
medicine
mid-length
monarchy
museum
Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle
natural
naturalism
naturalist
nature
nobody
outdoors
outside
Paris
patina
photograph
photography
plant
plants
research
revolution
sciences
scientific
sculpture
seated
shrub
side
sitting
spring
statue
summer
sunlight
sunset
tourist attraction
town
travel
XIII