1 of 1
New Caledonia Glasshouse (formerly The Mexican Hothouse) built in the 1830s by Charles Rohault de Fleury, Jardin des Plantes, Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle, Paris, France. Detail of renovation works showing a carpenter at work. In the background are the Tropical Rainforest Glasshouse (formerly Le Jardin d'Hiver or Winter Gardens), 1936, René Berger, and the adjacent Desert and Arid Lands Glasshouse. The New Caledonia Glasshouse, or Hothouse, was the first French glass and iron...
Copyright Manuel Cohen / Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle 5.3MB