1 of 1
Weeping angel, one of six above columns between the prophets, from the Puits de Moise, or Well of Moses, 1395-1403, sculpted by Claus Sluter, 1340-1406, and his studio, and painted by Jean Malouel, 1365-1415, in the courtyard of the Chartreuse de Champmol, the burial site of Philippe le Hardi duc de Bourgogne, or Philip the Bold Duke of Burgundy, now the Hospital de la Chartreuse, Dijon, Burgundy, France. The angels serve to help the viewer understand the Passion of Christ. The sculpture was...
Copyright © Manuel Cohen 6.7MB