Statue of a stegosaurus, located in the Jardin du Stegosaure (Stegosaurus Garden) in the Jardin des Plantes, Paris, 5th arrondissement, France. Founded in 1626 by Guy de La Brosse, Louis XIII's physician, the Jardin des Plantes, originally known as the Jardin du Roi, opened to the public in 1640. It became the Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle in 1793 during the French Revolution. Picture by Manuel Cohen

LC_JDP_10_MC105.jpg

1 of 1

Statue of a stegosaurus, located in the Jardin du Stegosaure (Stegosaurus Garden) in the Jardin des Plantes, Paris, 5th arrondissement, France. Founded in 1626 by Guy de La Brosse, Louis XIII's physician, the Jardin des Plantes, originally known as the Jardin du Roi, opened to the public in 1640. It became the Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle in 1793 during the French Revolution. Picture by Manuel Cohen

Copyright © Manuel Cohen

2.5MB
5616x3744
Keywords:
13th arrondissement
1626
1793
17th
18th
5th arrondissement
Age of Enlightenment
animal
Antoine-Laurent de Jussieu
architecture
armored
armoured
botanic
botanical
Botanical Gardens
botany
Buffon
century
city
color
color image
colour
crouching
culture
Cuvier
day
detail
dinosaur
ecologic
ecology
environment
environmental
Europe
European
exterior
ferns
France
French
garden
green
Guy de La Brosse
Heritage
hiding
horizontal
horticultural
horticulture
image
Jacques Henri Bernardin de Saint-Pierre
Jardin des Plantes
Jardin du Roi
Jardin du Stegosaure
Jean Jacques Rousseau
Jean-Baptiste de Monet de Lamarck
Jurassic
king
landscape
looking camera
Louis
Louis Jean-Marie d'Aubenton
Lumieres
medicinal
medicine
Michel-Eugene Chevreul
museum
Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle
natural
naturalism
nature
outdoors
outside
Paris
photograph
photography
plants
reptile
research
revolution
sciences
scientific
sculptor
sculpture
shade
skin
spines
statue
stegosaurus
sunlight
sunny
Theodore Monod
tourist attraction
tourists attraction
town
travel
view from the front
XIII