1 of 1
Puerta de San Juan (St John's Gate), North East facade of the Great Mosque of Cordoba, now part of the Cathedral, on the calle Magistral Gonzalez Frances, Cordoba, Andalusia, Southern Spain. The first church built here by the Visigoths in the 7th century was split in half by the Moors, becoming half church, half mosque. In 784, the Great Mosque of Cordoba was built in its place, but in 1236 it was converted into a catholic church, with a Renaissance cathedral nave built in the 16th century....
Copyright © Manuel Cohen 10.8MB