1 of 1
General view of Manueline Cistern of the El Jadida (Mazagan) fortress, built by Francisco and Diogo de Arruda, 16th century, El Jadida, Morocco. El Jadida, previously known as Mazagan (Portuguese: Mazag√£o), was seized in 1502 by the Portuguese, and they controlled this city until 1769. The underground Cistern was originally designed to store munitions. It served as a fencing school before being used after completion of the town walls in 1541 as a tank to store water. The...
Copyright © Manuel Cohen 4.0MB