1 of 1
Detail of the roof of the Tropical Rainforest Glasshouse (formerly Le Jardin d'Hiver or Winter Gardens) built in 1936 by Rene Berger, from above with visitors walking on the background, Jardin des Plantes, Paris, 5th arrondissement, France. Founded in 1626 by Guy de La Brosse, Louis XIII's physician, the Jardin des Plantes, originally known as the Jardin du Roi, opened to the public in 1640. It became the Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle in 1793 during the French Revolution. Picture by...
Copyright © Manuel Cohen 1.5MB