Kiosque Valhubert (Valhubert shopping kiosk), Jardin des Plantes, Paris, 5th arrondissement, France. Founded in 1626 by Guy de La Brosse, Louis XIII's physician, the Jardin des Plantes, originally known as the Jardin du Roi, opened to the public in 1640. It became the Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle in 1793 during the French Revolution. Picture by Manuel Cohen

LC_JDP_10_MC463.jpg

1 of 1

Kiosque Valhubert (Valhubert shopping kiosk), Jardin des Plantes, Paris, 5th arrondissement, France. Founded in 1626 by Guy de La Brosse, Louis XIII's physician, the Jardin des Plantes, originally known as the Jardin du Roi, opened to the public in 1640. It became the Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle in 1793 during the French Revolution. Picture by Manuel Cohen

Copyright © Manuel Cohen

2.9MB
5616x3744
Keywords:
13
1626
1640
1793
17th
18th
5th
Age of Enlightenment
architecture
arrondissement
botanic
botanical
Botanical Gardens
botany
century
city
color
color image
colour
culture
day
ecologic
ecological
ecology
environment
environmental
Europe
European
exterior
foliage
France
French
garden
gardens
green
Guy de La Brosse
Heritage
horizontal
horticultural
horticulture
image
Jardin des Plantes
Jardin du Roi
king
Kiosque Valhubert
landscape
leafy
Louis
Louis XIII
Lumieres
medicinal
medicine
monarchy
morning
museum
Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle
natural
naturalism
naturalist
nature
nobody
outdoors
outside
Paris
photograph
photography
plant
plants
research
revolution
sciences
scientific
shopping
spring
summer
tourist attraction
town
travel
tree
XIII