The Labyrinthe (Labyrinth) is located in the Jardin des Plantes, Paris, 5th arrondissement, France. On the left of the image, the Cedar of Lebanon planted by Bernard de Jussieu in 1734 can be seen. Founded in 1626 by Guy de La Brosse, Louis XIII's physician, the Jardin des Plantes, originally known as the Jardin du Roi, opened to the public in 1640. It became the Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle in 1793 during the French Revolution. Picture by Manuel Cohen

LC_JDP_10_MC271.jpg

1 of 1

The Labyrinthe (Labyrinth) is located in the Jardin des Plantes, Paris, 5th arrondissement, France. On the left of the image, the Cedar of Lebanon planted by Bernard de Jussieu in 1734 can be seen. Founded in 1626 by Guy de La Brosse, Louis XIII's physician, the Jardin des Plantes, originally known as the Jardin du Roi, opened to the public in 1640. It became the Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle in 1793 during the French Revolution. Picture by Manuel Cohen

Copyright © Manuel Cohen

4.2MB
5616x3204
Keywords:
13
1626
1640
1734
1793
17th
18th century
5th
Age of Enlightenment
Antoine-Laurent de Jussieu
arrondissement
Bernard de Jussieu
botanic
botanical
Botanical Gardens
botany
Buffon
cedar of lebanon
cedrus libani
century
city
color
colour
conservancy
conservation
conservatory
culture
Cuvier
day
ecologic
ecological
ecology
environment
environmental
exterior
flora
France
French
garden
gardens
Guy de La Brosse
Heritage
horizontal
horticultural
horticulture
image
Jacques Henri Bernardin de Saint-Pierre
Jardin des Plantes
Jardin du Roi
Jean Jacques Rousseau
Jean-Baptiste de Monet de Lamarck
king
labyrinth
landscape
Le Labyrinthe
Louis
Louis Jean-Marie d'Aubenton
Louis XIII
Lumieres
maze
medicinal
medicine
Michel-Eugene Chevreul
monarchy
morning
museum
Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle
natural
nature
nobody
outdoors
outside
Paris
photograph
photography
plant
plants
research
revolution
sciences
scientific
slope
spring
Theodore Monod
tourist attraction
tourists attraction
town
travel
tree
XIII