1 of 1
Low angle view of the statue called L'Amour Captif (Captive Love) at sunrise, created by Felix Sanzel in 1861 and located in the jardin de roses et de roches (the rose and rock garden) of the Jardin des Plantes, Paris, 5th arrondissement, France. Founded in 1626 by Guy de La Brosse, Louis XIII's physician, the Jardin des Plantes, originally known as the Jardin du Roi, opened to the public in 1640. It became the Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle in 1793 during the French Revolution. Picture...
Copyright © Manuel Cohen 1.7MB