Fountain of one of the four Baroque buildings closing the octagonal Quattro Canti square, officially known as Piazza Vigliena, Palermo, Sicily, Italy. It was laid out in 1608-1620 by Giulio Lasso at the crossing of two principal streets and was one of the first major examples of town planning in Europe. Picture by Manuel Cohen

LCITALY12_MC534.jpg

1 of 1

Fountain of one of the four Baroque buildings closing the octagonal Quattro Canti square, officially known as Piazza Vigliena, Palermo, Sicily, Italy. It was laid out in 1608-1620 by Giulio Lasso at the crossing of two principal streets and was one of the first major examples of town planning in Europe. Picture by Manuel Cohen

Copyright © Manuel Cohen

4.4MB
5616x3744
Keywords:
17th century
afternoon
architectural
architecture
Baroque
city
color
colour
column
contrast
contrasting
day
detail
dramatic
Europe
European
exterior
fountain
Giulio Lasso
heritage
horizontal
image
insular
island
Italian
Italy
Mediterranean
old city
outdoors
outside
palace
Palazzo
Palermo
Palermu
photograph
photography
Piazza Vigliena
Quattro Canti
scenic
sculpture
shade
shadow
Sicilian
Sicily
Southern
Southern Europe
Southern European
square
statue
sunlight
tourism
tourist attraction
town
travel