General view of Temple Of Castor and Pollux, late 5th century BC, Agrigento, Sicily, Italy, pictured on September 12, 2009, in the morning. Only four columns and part of the entablature of the Temple of Castor and Pollux or of the Dioscuri remain, a rosette on the corner. In 1836 the temple was excavated and restored by archeologists Villareale and Cavallari, commissioned by the Duke of Serradifalco. The Valley of the Temples is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Picture by Manuel Cohen.
Copyright Manuel Cohen