Women sitting and reading on a bench of the Jardin des Plantes, Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle, Paris, 5th arrondissement, France. Founded in 1626 by Guy de La Brosse, Louis XIII's physician, the Jardin des Plantes, originally known as the Jardin du Roi, opened to the public in 1640. It became the Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle in 1793 during the French Revolution. Picture by Manuel Cohen

LC_JDP_10_MC650.jpg

1 of 1

Women sitting and reading on a bench of the Jardin des Plantes, Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle, Paris, 5th arrondissement, France. Founded in 1626 by Guy de La Brosse, Louis XIII's physician, the Jardin des Plantes, originally known as the Jardin du Roi, opened to the public in 1640. It became the Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle in 1793 during the French Revolution. Picture by Manuel Cohen

Copyright © Manuel Cohen

3.8MB
5616x3744
Keywords:
13
1626
1640
1793
1794
17th
18th
5th
afternoon
Age of Enlightenment
arrondissement
autumn
autumnal
bench
botanic
botanical
Botanical Gardens
botany
Buffon
century
city
color
colour
culture
daily life
day
ecologic
ecology
environment
environmental
Europe
European
exterior
female
foliage
garden
gardens
Guy de La Brosse
Heritage
horizontal
horticultural
horticulture
image
Jardin des Plantes
Jardin du Roi
Louis
Louis XIII
Lumieres
medicinal
medicine
monarchy
museum
Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle
natural
naturalism
nature
outdoors
outside
photograph
photography
plants
research
sciences
scientific
shades
tourist attraction
town
travel
tree
woman
XIII