1 of 1
Detail of capitals of columns in the portico, Bolo-Hauz Mosque, 20th century, Bukhara, Uzbekistan, pictured on July 10, 2010 in the early morning. Though the ensemble was built around of the ancient mosque constructed in 1712, the richly decorated entry iwan was added to the mosque’s eastern façade during a general reconstruction of the area in 1914-17 by the last Mangit ruler Sayyid Alim Khan (1910-20). The Mosque was built for Bibi Khanum, the mother of Abu'l Fayud Khan,...
Copyright © Manuel Cohen 4.0MB