Apartments off the central courtyard, Chateau Royal, Collioure, France. Much of the castle was built in the 13th and 14th centuries by the Dukes of Roussillon and the Knights Templar. In the 16th century Collioure was under Spanish control and Philip II modernised and reinforced the castle. It was taken by the French in 1659 after which the bastions were built by Vauban (1633-1707). Picture by Manuel Cohen.
Copyright © Manuel Cohen