1 of 1
View from below of the choir of the upper chapel of La Sainte-Chapelle (The Holy Chapel), 1248, Paris, France. The upper chapel has four bays and a seven section choir. Each window group has four lancets topped by three rose windows. In the choir, the windows have only two lancets. Fifteen huge mid-13th century windows fill the nave and apse. La Sainte-Chapelle was commissioned by King Louis IX of France to house his collection of Passion Relics, including the Crown of Thorns, and is...
Copyright © Manuel Cohen 10.0MB