1 of 1
St Ruf of Avignon, first Bishop of Tortosa 64-90 AD, painting by Vicente Lopez, 1772-1850, from the Altarpiece of St Ruf of Avignon, in the Chapel of St Ruf or Capella na Justa, in the Cathedral of St Mary, designed by Benito Dalguayre in Catalan Gothic style and begun 1347 on the site of a Romanesque cathedral, consecrated 1447 and completed in 1757, Tortosa, Catalonia, Spain. The cathedral has 3 naves with chapels between the buttresses and an ambulatory with radial chapels. Picture by...
Copyright © Manuel Cohen 8.3MB