Santa Cristina (Saint Christina, patroness of Palermo), Baroque statue in niche rising to the fourth floor of the facade of one the buildings closing the octagonal Quattro Canti square, officially known as Piazza Vigliena, Palermo, Sicily, Italy. It was laid out in 1608-1620 by Giulio Lasso at the crossing of two principal streets and was one of the first major examples of town planning in Europe. Picture by Manuel Cohen

LCITALY12_MC537.jpg

1 of 1

Santa Cristina (Saint Christina, patroness of Palermo), Baroque statue in niche rising to the fourth floor of the facade of one the buildings closing the octagonal Quattro Canti square, officially known as Piazza Vigliena, Palermo, Sicily, Italy. It was laid out in 1608-1620 by Giulio Lasso at the crossing of two principal streets and was one of the first major examples of town planning in Europe. Picture by Manuel Cohen

Copyright © Manuel Cohen

5.9MB
3672x5665
Keywords:
17th century
architectural
architecture
Baroque
Catholic
Christian
church
city
color
colour
coronation
day
detail
Europe
European
exterior
Giulio Lasso
heritage
image
insular
island
Italian
Italy
Mediterranean
morning
niche
old city
outdoors
outside
palace
Palazzo
Palermo
Palermu
patroness
photograph
photography
Piazza Vigliena
Quattro Canti
religion
religious
Roman Catholic
Saint
sculpture
Sicilian
Sicily
Southern
Southern Europe
Southern European
square
statue
tourism
tourist attraction
town
travel
vertical
worship