1 of 1
General view of the statue called Venus genitrix or Venus animant l'univers, created by Louis-Charles Dupaty in 1810 and located in the Rose Garden of the Jardin des Plantes, Paris, 5th arrondissement, France. Founded in 1626 by Guy de La Brosse, Louis XIII's physician, the Jardin des Plantes, originally known as the Jardin du Roi, opened to the public in 1640. It became the Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle in 1793 during the French Revolution. Venus Genitrix was given to the Museum...
Copyright Manuel Cohen 2.3MB