1 of 1
Painted statue of St Margaret, 1633, by Charles Hoyau, originally part of the St Cecilia altar commissioned by canon Bernardin Le Rouge and moved here 1769-1771, in the Chapelle Saint Pierre or St Peter's Chapel in the Cathedrale Saint-Julien du Mans or Cathedral of St Julian of Le Mans, Le Mans, Sarthe, Loire, France. The statue was repainted in the 19th or early 20th century. The cathedral was built from the 6th to the 14th centuries, with both Romanesque and High Gothic elements. It is...
Copyright © Manuel Cohen 5.6MB