General view of the neo-classical amphitheatre built in 1787 and 1788 by Edme Verniquet, located in the Jardin des Plantes, Paris, 5th arrondissement, France. Founded in 1626 by Guy de La Brosse, Louis XIII's physician, the Jardin des Plantes, originally known as the Jardin du Roi, opened to the public in 1640. It became the Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle in 1793 during the French Revolution. Picture by Manuel Cohen

LC_JDP_10_MC355.jpg

1 of 1

General view of the neo-classical amphitheatre built in 1787 and 1788 by Edme Verniquet, located in the Jardin des Plantes, Paris, 5th arrondissement, France. Founded in 1626 by Guy de La Brosse, Louis XIII's physician, the Jardin des Plantes, originally known as the Jardin du Roi, opened to the public in 1640. It became the Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle in 1793 during the French Revolution. Picture by Manuel Cohen

Copyright © Manuel Cohen

2.0MB
5616x3744
Keywords:
13
1626
1640
1787
1788
1793
17th
18th
5th
Age of Enlightenment
amphitheater
amphitheatre
Antoine-Laurent de Jussieu
architectural
architecture
arrondissement
autumn
autumnal
botanic
botanical
Botanical Gardens
botany
Buffon
bullseye
carving
century
city
clock face
color
colour
culture
Cuvier
day
Edme Verniquet
Europe
European
female figure
France
French
garden
gardens
Guy de La Brosse
half-dome
Heritage
high relief
horizontal
horticultural
horticulture
image
Jacques Henri Bernardin de Saint-Pierre
Jardin des Plantes
Jardin du Roi
Jean Jacques Rousseau
Jean-Baptiste de Monet de Lamarck
landscape
Louis
Louis Jean-Marie d'Aubenton
Lumieres
medicinal
medicine
Michel-Eugene Chevreul
monarchy
morning
museum
Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle
natural
nature
neo-classical
nobody
oeil de boeuf
outdoors
Paris
pediment
photograph
photography
plant
plants
research
revolution
sciences
scientific
sculpture
semi-dome
stone
Theodore Monod
tourist attraction
tourists attraction
town
travel
window
XIII