1 of 1
General view of the facade of the Cathedral, or Duomo, of Syracuse, with a sculpture in the middle distance on the left, Ortigia, Syracuse, Sicily, pictured on September 13, 2009, in the evening. The Duomo di Siracusa (Santa Maria delle Colonne) was originally built by Bishop Zosimo in the 7th century AD over the Greek Temple of Athena, 5th century BC, whose Doric columns still adorn the present facade, which was rebuilt in 1725-53 by Andrea Palma. The island Ortigia is the historic centre of...
Copyright © Manuel Cohen 2.2MB