1 of 1
Detail of pillar made of three small columns on each side of a larger central column decorated with golden French Fleur de lys and flanked by a statue of apostle, nave of the upper chapel of La Sainte-Chapelle (The Holy Chapel), 1248, Paris, France. La Sainte-Chapelle was commissioned by King Louis IX to house his collection of Passion Relics, including the Crown of Thorns. The Sainte-Chapelle is considered among the highest achievements of the Rayonnant period of Gothic architecture. Picture...
Copyright © Manuel Cohen 5.4MB