1 of 1
Looking through the maqsura, a richly decorated room with intricately carved interlacing fluted arches, redecorated under Al-Hakam II in 961, towards the mihrab and qibla wall, in the Cathedral-Great Mosque of Cordoba, in Cordoba, Andalusia, Southern Spain. The first church built here by the Visigoths in the 7th century was split in half by the Moors, becoming half church, half mosque. In 784, the Great Mosque of Cordoba was begun in its place and developed over 200 years, but in 1236 it was...
Copyright © Manuel Cohen 4.0MB