1 of 1
The Clock Tower, erected 19th century by Ali Pasha, at the Kalaja e Gjirokastres or Gjirokastra Castle, built before the 12th century and expanded by Ali Pasha of Tepelene after 1812, Gjirokastra, Albania. The castle dominates the town and overlooks the strategically important route along the river valley. The government of King Zog expanded the castle prison in 1932. Today it has 5 towers and houses, the new Gjirokastra Museum, a clock tower, a church, a cistern and the stage of the National...
Copyright © Manuel Cohen 12.6MB