1 of 1
View from the front of the Tash Khauli Palace courtyard, 1830-38, Khiva, Uzbekistan, pictured in the summer afternoon light on July 7, 2010. Commissioned by Allah Kuli Khan the Tash Kauli palace is a huge complex containing 163 rooms which took its architects, Tajiddin and Kalandar, 10 years to build. The harem, occupying about half of the palace has 5 aiwan terraces, with delicately carved wooden pillars, behind which were the quarters for the khan and his wives. Across the courtyard were...
Copyright © Manuel Cohen 4.4MB